Facilities to prepare you for the workplace
The self-contained campus of IM Marsh offers a wide range of facilities.
The School of Education is based at the IM Marsh Campus. IM Marsh is located just outside of Liverpool city centre in the leafy suburb of Aigburth. At 7.5 hectares in size the campus is large but self-contained with its own unique identity and a real sense of community. It has great public transport links providing easy access to all that the city has to offer. With so much space at IM Marsh, there's a wide range of facilities to discover, including:
- independent study spaces with IT facilities
- the IM Marsh library with relevant resources and study spaces (open 8am-11pm)
- sports/fitness equipment, gyms and playing fields
- access to student welfare and support
- shop, cafeteria
You will also have access to the Aldham Robarts and Avril Robarts libraries, which are open 24 hours, and to the range of LJMU facilities in the City Campus.
Real classroom environments
During placements our trainee teachers work in the school environment.
We work in collaboration with primary and secondary schools in the region.
IM Marsh library
The library has relevant resources to your course and plenty of independent and group study spaces.
Specialist up-to-date teaching facilities
Our trainee teachers use subject-specific classroom environments such as design studios and science labs.
IM Marsh cafe
The campus has areas for relaxing and socialising, including a cafe and plenty of outdoor space.
Our trainee teachers work within the school environment as well as within a range of subject-specific teaching facilities. Specialist, up-to-date teaching facilities are provided as appropriate for some teacher training subject areas.
- Physical education: sports fields, sports hall, gym and fitness room
- Sciences: three laboratories
- Computing and ICT: well-resourced computer rooms
- Primary education: well-resourced primary base
ICT classroom based at the IM Marsh Campus.