We have developed a plan aimed at supporting our community to undertake active and/or sustainable travel for at least part of their journey to or from LJMU.
The LJMU Active and Sustainable Travel Plan is a reflection of our key role in the Liverpool City Region of advocating for and supporting the delivery of a healthier and more sustainable travel infrastructure.
The plan has been created in consultation with our students and staff and will bring real positive individual and shared benefits.
We are committed to:
- Providing staff and students with easy access to different transport modes that are active and/or sustainable.
- Removing the barriers to staff and students wishing to participate in active travel.
- Providing high quality facilities including showers, lockers, changing and drying areas available in all buildings.
- Strengthening responsibility and accountability for effective active and sustainable travel support in the management structure
- Advocating for our staff and students by engaging with local partners to ensure that Liverpool City Council sees us as a significant partner in the development of local cycling and walking infrastructure plans.
Find out more about our Sustainable Travel Plan.
Plan your journey
LJMU has developed a travel app which helps the environment and could save residents in the Liverpool City Region up to £100 each month.
The ‘Smart Green Journey’ app has been developed with the backing of Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram and aims to encourage people to take more journeys by walking and cycling by telling you exactly how much money and carbon you save per journey every time you leave the car at home.
The free mobile app, available on Apple and Android devices, is one of the only available that outlines both the carbon and cost savings people can make by travelling more actively.
The app is available for free on iOS and Android. Download now on the App Store or Play Store.
Find out more about the Smart Green app.