A creative approach to art and cultural partnerships
At LJMU we recognise and champion art and culture as a means of enriching the lives of our students and staff, making a positive impact on local communities, and enhancing Liverpool's national and international reputation.
Partnerships that provide life-changing opportunities
The value of our partnerships extends far beyond improved audience figures and free tickets to events and exhibitions. Our students can actively participate in the arts and co-create exhibitions. They can experience first-hand how different organisations and festivals work, and so gain vital professional skills. Such engagement is essential to all sectors and professions, and will also help ensure that the artists, makers, curators and audiences of the future represent the widest diversity of backgrounds.
The benefits of our partnerships
Our annual investment of more than £200,000 supporting our arts and cultural partners is money well spent. The benefits can be seen in these ways:
- access to world-class cultural venues and facilities
- exclusive student offers and discounts to exhibitions, talks and other events
- stimulating arts and cultural experiences that complement academic programmes of study
- enhanced educational and work-related learning opportunities for our students
- new research and development opportunities
Partners also benefit through:
- enhanced access to 21,000+ students in Liverpool, 70% are under the age of 21
- vital financial support
- opportunities to work with our expert academic and research staff
- access to our campus facilities and rich archives
"LJMU leads the way among UK universities with this far-sighted and enriching programme of cultural and artistic engagement for its students. It's a truly life-changing opportunity for every student to get involved in the arts."
Our choice of cultural partners reflect LJMU’s goal of nurturing critical, curious, creative, tolerant and inventive people within the University community and across the city region. Explore the categories above to find out more about how we work with our partners.
If you have any questions about our arts and cultural partnerships please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.