What is Sport Nutrition?
Sport nutrition is a branch of performance sport support, which focuses on how athletes' approach the integration of their diet via foods, fluids and dietary supplements into their daily routine. This is key in order to influence both psychological and physical processes, that can lead to positive impacts on sporting performance and lifestyle.
Service and benefits to LJMU athletes
Every single nutritional occasion an athlete engages with, can have either positive or negative influences on other aspects of their daily routine. The LJMU Performance Sport Nutrition Team can help and guide athletes via a range of sport nutritional services, which can impact a number of key performance indicators inclusive of:
- Body composition and metabolism assessments
- Individual consultations and meal planning
- Nutritional guides and workshops
- Dietary supplement guides
- Recipes and cooking demonstrations