Meet The LJMU Staff Dis-Ability Network Officials
The following members have taken on key roles within the network:
- Helen Pottle(Network Co-Chair)
- Jenny Craddock (Network Co-Chair)
- Lucie Matthews-Jones (Events Co-ordinator and Community Liaison)
- Julie Bennett (Marketing and Social Media / Web Page Design)
- Martin Connell (Marketing and Social Media / Web Page Design)
- Moni Akinsanya (Diversity and Inclusion advisor)
- Julia Daer (Diversity and Inclusion advisor)
Network Officials Roles and Responsibilities
All Network Officials will be expected to:
- Positively represent the network
- Support the network and members whom have taken on additional key roles as Network Officials
- Help champion network and LJMU Diversity and Inclusion priorities
The Chairperson(s) / Co-Chairs, has a strategic role to play in representing the vision and purpose of the network. The Chairperson ensures that the network functions properly, that there is full participation at meetings, all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out.
Project Lead and Co-ordinators
Positively represent the network by championing network and university-wide Diversity and Inclusion priorities by leading on projects/initiatives. Support the Network Co-Chairs and Network Officials where needed. Support the design of related LJMU Staff Network web-pages by providing relevant content. [LJMU EDI Priorities 2020 - 2024]
Event Coordinator and Community Liaison
Proactive in their approach to event co-ordination; they secure dates/times/locations/guest speakers/etc. for activities. They coordinate the logistics of each event, source funding and provide plans for network members to support proceedings. Support the design of related LJMU Staff Network web-pages by providing relevant content. They approach and disseminate information to/from the LJMU and local community regarding networking/engagement opportunities and events.
Marketing and Social Media
Support the event coordinators by creating and disseminate marketing materials, that relate to engagement opportunities/events that the network create via social media and other media avenues. Support the design of related LJMU Staff Network web-pages by providing relevant content.
Working closely with the Network Co-Chairs to co-ordinate network meetings and disseminates information (i.e.; agendas, action control registers, etc.) to the network ahead of each meeting. Take notes during network meetings and pull out key actions for network members to take forward in the absence of Note Takers.
Capture the essence of network meeting discussions, through the creation of notes and a related action control register. Work closely with the Network Secretary to ensure all relevant information is disseminated in good time.
Diversity and Inclusion Advisers
Provides relevant information on equality, diversity and inclusion related issues/data, which relate to network activities and initiatives.
- Moni Akinsanya (Diversity and Inclusion Manager and Network Advisor)