LJMU Together LGBTIQ+ Staff Network
What is the LJMU Together (LGBTIQ+) Staff Network and what do they do?
The University LJMU Together (LGBTIQ+) Staff Network support the strategic aim of being a University where each person is respected equally and where diversity is embraced. The group will meet regularly as a staff support network and assist the University with reviewing progress against the University’s LGBTIQ+ Equality Objectives and to share best practice.
The purpose/responsibility of the network is to:
- promote awareness raising initiatives, for example, campaigning for zero tolerance against homophobic, transphobic and biphobia bullying and harassment
- promote LGBTIQ+ equality and inclusion, through training and reverse mentoring
- provide a forum for discussing appropriate issues
- provide support and networking
- raise issues in a safe environment
- contribute on policy development and Equality Impact Assessments
- meet several times a year
- organise social events to celebrate diversity and inclusion
- contribute to staff development, graduate development, leadership, and career progression
- share best practice and provide support and advice to other cross sector LGBTIQ+ Networks on being a Stonewall Diversity Champion
What does LGBTIQ+ mean?
LGBTIQ+ stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning, Plus (+) which represents other sexual identities.
For more LGBTIQ+ community related terms and a glossary of definitions, please visit Stonewall.
The LJMU Together LGBTIQ+ Staff Network is a dedicated space for LJMU staff who identify as a member of the LGBTIQ+ community and LGBTIQ+ Staff Allies.
Students are encouraged to join the JMSU LGBTQ+ Society.