Ethnically Diverse Staff Network
What is the LJMU Ethnically Diverse Staff Network and what do they do?
The LJMU Ethnically Diverse Staff Network is open to staff whom identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, in the first instance.
Allies (people whom support Race/Ethnicity-equality) are occasionally invited to attend meetings, when appropriate.
The purpose/responsibilities of the network:
- Provide a safe and confidential environment to meet other Ethnically Diverse Academic and Professional Services staff and share experiences, opinions, concerns and ideas
- Provide opportunities to inform and influence the University’s policies about Black, Asian and Minority Ethnicity academic and support staff
- Provide creative and clear pathways to encourage promotion to higher grades
- Help create a culturally inclusive campus
- Signpost information about research and policy development
- Discuss, question, challenge and take action to promote race equality and diversity