Faculty of Arts, Professional and Social Studies
An academically ambitious, research-driven faculty
We offer a diverse range of programmes to our 7,000 plus students; from Architecture to Film, Criminal Justice to Sociology and Policing.
All our academic staff – from professors to senior lecturers – teach on our courses, both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. This dedication to teaching provides a collaborative, supportive and challenging environment within the Faculty, from which both staff and students benefit.
As well as dedicating themselves to programme delivery, our exceptional academics are also committed to research excellence. In the most recent research assessment (REF2014), 37.3% of our research was rated as either world-leading or internationally excellent.
In REF 2014, we submitted six units of assessment, which is the highest number of any Faculty within LJMU.
See our international research.
Explore our research areas:
- Research Institute for Literature and Cultural History
- Centre for Port and Maritime History
- Institute of Art and Technology
- Media, Culture, Communications
- LJMU Writers’ Workshop
- Drama and Performance
- Centre for Educational Research
- Centre for the Study of Crime, Criminalisation and Social Exclusion
- Criminal Justice