Highways and Airport Pavement Engineering, Asphalt Technology, and Infrastructure Conference - 2022
Venue: To be confirmed
Wednesday 6 April 2022, Liverpool UK
Conference aims and topics
The School of Civil Engineering and Built Environment at Liverpool John Moores University, in association with the ASI Solutions and Colas Ltd UK, will host its 20th annual international conference in April 2022.
The conference will focus on highways and airport pavement engineering, asphalt technology, and infrastructure, and is a continuation of the successful annual events hosted by LJMU since 2001. These annual conferences have attracted large numbers of speakers from industry and academia in the past and delegates and exhibitors from the UK, Europe, Middle East, USA, South America, Australia and the Far East have all taken part.
The conference will benefit those stakeholders with specific interest in:
- the development, construction and management of Highways and Airport Pavement Engineering, Asphalt Technology, and Infrastructure;
- environmental protection, materials technology, pavement and infrastructure structural design and evaluations;
- IT in pavement, asphalt and airport pavement and infrastructure; design, maintenance and assessment/evaluations
- energy reduction, aggregate recycling initiatives, airport, road and highways road base design and analysis/evaluations
The conference will be of interest to:
- policy advisors
- environmental regulators
- infrastructure clients
- specifiers, planners and designers
- research centres, academia, local authorities
- highway-related consultants and designers and
- materials suppliers, construction companies, contractors and educational institutions
The conference will pay particular attention to:
- pavement design, aggregate and asphalt materials
- improvements in asphalt and paving technology
- secondary cementitious materials, data collection and pavement inventory management and
- highway asset management, recycling initiatives, road, highways and airports maintenance and infrastructures
Papers are invited on topics mentioned above and those addressing the themes of the conference, innovation and the application of new materials and/or techniques are welcomed. Contributions are especially welcomed from clients, specifiers, regulators, local authorities, consultants, contractors, materials suppliers, research and educational organisations/institutions.
The conference will provide a unique setting within which to share and explore new ideas and to review innovations in the practical application of sustainable construction materials and techniques in pavement engineering and highways maintenance
ASI Solutions • Colas Ltd • Total Bitumen • WJ Group • Velocity UK • Highways England • The Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT) • The Institution of Asphalt Technology (IAT) • The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to pay online.
**10% discount applicable on registration fees for members or employees of the following organisations/companies: • RSTA• CIHT• IAT• IHE• ICE only.
|*additional delegate/speaker from same organisation||**£135
|*additional member with the main exhibitor||**90||£100|
|Inserts placed in conference delegate packs||£100|
The organising committee for the 2022 Conference is as follows:
- Professor Hassan Al Nageim, Conference Director, LJMU
- Dr Anmar Dulaimi, LJMU
- Dr Shakir Falih Al-Busaltan, Kerbala University, College of Engineering, Iraq
- Professor Howard Robinson, Conference Chairman, ASI Solutions, UK
- Somerville Wright, Associate Director, Colas Ltd, UK
Submission of papers
- Submission of abstract and notification of acceptance: 31 October 2021
- Submission of full paper: 20 November 2021
- Final acceptance for full paper: 2 December 2021
Please submit a short abstract (200–250 words) to Prof Hassan Al Nageim, Dr Anmar Dulaimi (A.F.Dulaimi@ljmu.ac.uk / email@example.com) and Dr Shakir Al-Busaltan. The length of the paper is limited to 18 pages. Please see instruction for authors on our website.
Instruction to authors
All papers will be reviewed by the Conference Scientific and Technical Board and published in the Conference Proceedings. High-quality papers will be selected for publication as refereed papers in the International Journal of Pavement Engineering and Asphalt Technology, ISSN: 1464-8164.
If you would like to find out more about the conference programme, please contact: Conference Director, Professor Hassan Al Nageim, Dr Anmar Dulaimi (A.F.Dulaimi@ljmu.ac.uk / firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr Shakir Al-Busaltan.
Tel: +44 (0) 151 231 2811
Liverpool John Moores University
For all other conference enquiries, please email: email@example.com or telephone: +44 (0) 151 231 3668
International Journal of Pavement and Engineering and Asphalt technology ISSN 1464-8164
International Journal of Pavement Engineering & Asphalt Technology ISSN 1464-8164, Volume 22, March 2021
The 2016 Conference.
The setting of the conference
The conference is held in Liverpool
Liverpool, underwent a renaissance in 2008 when it was crowned the European capital of culture. New boutique hotels sprang up and stylish bars opened and a fabulous £1billion shopping centre Liverpool ONE was built. Delegates coming to Liverpool find a city that is cosmopolitan and exciting. Since 2004 it has been an UNESCO World Heritage site, an accolade awarded for its historic waterfront area around the Albert Dock and the city’s magnificent Cultural Quarter and it is officially the “World Capital of Pop”. Merseyside’s musical traditions are as famous as its maritime ones. From the dank cellar of the Cavern, bands established themselves only to spread around the world. Acts bands such as Gerry and the Pacemakers and The Searchers to name two, but one in particular stands out, The Beatles, who played their debut in 1961 and appeared another 272 times at The Cavern.
From the Liver Building to St John's Beacon, Liverpool's landmarks add drama and distinction to the city. The "Three Graces" - the Liver Building, Cunard Building and Port of Liverpool Building form one of the most instantly recognisable and breathtaking examples of waterfront architecture in the world.
The city has a mighty sporting heritage with two extremely competitive Premier League football clubs. Our world-class cultural offerings include Tate Liverpool and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra and a new addition, is the state of the art, Museum of Liverpool focuses on Liverpool’s worldwide influence on history and culture.