New students joining us this September, if you originally planned to attend a different university, maybe you came through clearing or LJMU was your insurance choice, you will need to make sure your funding body knows you’re now coming to LJMU to avoid any delay in receiving your finance.
It is really easy to do this online and you have until Friday 15 September 2023 to do this.
- Log into your Student Finance account
- Scroll to the bottom of your account summary page where you will find the link to change your application
- Click on 'change your application'
- Then choose the option to change your 'university/college and course'
If you miss the September deadline, please don’t worry, you just need to follow an alternative process to ensure you get your funding.
- Contact your original university and ask to be released for funding purposes.
- Email Student Administration (from a non LJMU email address) and state: “I am attending LJMU in the 23/24 academic year but I have a different university on my funding application. I need LJMU to send a change of circumstances on my behalf to the Student Loans Company (SLC) as soon as possible please.”
- LJMU will contact the SLC to make that change but this can take up to 20 days.
If this has not been resolved before you arrive at LJMU, contact the Money Advice Team email and they can help you further, for instance by asking your accommodation provider to delay taking your first rent instalment.
It’s really important that you have sufficient funds to live on from when you arrive in Liverpool until when you expect your student funding to be paid into your bank account.
More on fees and funding.
More help from the Money Advice Team
The Money Advice Team can be contacted in a variety of ways:
Drop-in sessions: Available at the Student Life Building Monday to Friday between 10am to 4pm.
Telephone: 0151 231 3153 or 0151 231 3154