Police Education Conference
The Liverpool Centre for Advanced Policing Studies will host a conference on the topic of police education on Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 June 2023.
The conference will be of interest and relevance to police practitioners, senior officers, and managers, particularly those who are involved in training and development. Equally to those who are involved in the development and delivery of police education in higher education and those preparing students for these programmes.
The conference aims to:
- identify and discuss current issues around policing education
- dispel myths around policing education and improve knowledge of the topic
- identify and share best practice
- identify problem areas, discuss them and propose solutions or ways forward
The conference will consist of keynote speakers and several parallel, interactive workshop activities.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Jo Noakes, Director of Leadership and Workforce Development, College of Policing
- Andy Cooke, Chief Inspector, His Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary, Fire and Rescue services
- Jenny Sims, Assistant Chief Constable, Merseyside Police
- Kevyn Burns, Head of Workforce Development Implementation and Quality Assurance, College of Policing
- Toby Miles-Johnson, Associate Professor, Western Sydney University, Australia
Workshop topics include:
- Degree in Professional Policing (two year and three-year)
- Police Constable Degree Apprenticeships (PCDA)
- Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP)
- Police Now
- Distance Learning
- Wellbeing (Oscar Kilo)
- Liverpool Centre for Advanced Policing Studies
- College of Policing
- UK Police Memorial
- Institute for Apprentices
- Critical Publishing
- Bristol University Press
You can view the full programme online.
Delegates can book a place on the conference, and select workshop preferences via LJMU buy online.
Information for delegates regarding accommodation and attractions in Liverpool can be found via book.passkey.com.
For those conference participants who are arriving in Liverpool on Tuesday 20 June, the day before the start of the conference, there is a planned drinks reception at an iconic location, The Venue, The Royal Liver Building, between 6.30pm and 9.30pm.
If you require further information, please contact PolEdConf2023@ljmu.ac.uk.