LJMU AUA CPD Programme
Accepting applications from June 2019 for 2019-20 intake
- 16 places available. Places are allocated on a first come first serve basis, as long as the eligibility criteria is met and application is completed to a sufficient high standard
Application closing: Wednesday 11th September 2019 OR when programme is full
- Programme dates for 2019-20 will be released during May 2019
Taught development programme designed to support all staff - Professional Services, Academic and Research staff - who perform professional services roles (administration, management and technical), in gaining professional recognition and accreditation at Accredited Membership or Fellowship level with the AUA. It is also aimed at enhancing participants' continuing professional development (CPD) aligned to the AUA CPD Framework. Participants will have the additional option of completing the SEDA Developing People and Enhancing Practice Award as part of the programme.
Staff who successfully complete the programme will be entitled to use the post-nominal designation AMAUA or FAUA on any correspondence.
Five sessions over an academic year at Exchange Station:
- Day 1: Introduction to AUA CPD Framework and accreditation application process
- Day 2: Impact and influence of your CPD on your own work
- Day 3: Impact and influence of your CPD on others work and organisation
- Day 4: Helping colleagues with their professional development
- Day 5: Accreditation application and AUA CPD planning
(*Optional Day 6: SEDA Developing People and Enhancing Practice DPP Award)
Each session is interactive, practical and activity-based.
This programme was successfully piloted over two years (2016 to 2018) for 80 LJMU staff within four cohorts, and was formally launched in 2018/19. There is now a yearly cohort of up to 16 staff members. As part of the programme LJMU will fund each participant’s £109 RRP membership cost. The discounted £28/£40 accreditation application cost will be funded by participants’ department/faculty or self-funded.
There is a short/simple application process for staff to apply for this programme; please refer to the above guidance document. It will be limited to 16 places per year.
The AUA (Association of University Administrators) is the main professional body for professional services staff within Higher Education. LJMU has achieved the AUA Mark of Excellence.
To find out more about the LJMU AUA CPD Programme or for any other queries, please contact the Programme Leader, Michael Monaghan: M.A.Monaghan@ljmu.ac.uk or 0151 904 6112.