Investing in the student experience
The new Student Life building will sit in a highly visible hilltop position, and will be the gateway to Copperas Hill.
It has been designed to provide an open and welcoming environment, breaking down barriers between students from different faculties and making it easier for them to access all the services they need.
The development of the Student Life Building will enable LJMU to provide a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all student-facing services, including:
- Student advice and wellbeing services (such as counselling, money management advice, disability support and extra-curricular activities)
- Career advisory services
- International exchanges and Go Global opportunities
- A new Learning Commons, where students can relax with friends and complete individual study or group work
- Liverpool Students’ Union, giving students easy access to information about its 100+ clubs and societies plus advisory services
The Student Life Building will be five storeys in height at its tallest, stepping down to two storeys towards Sensor City.
- The Learning Commons, student services and students’ union facilities will be located on the ground and first floors
- Offices and general teaching space will be located on the upper floors
This visualisation provides an indication of the look and feel of the proposed Student Life building from the junction of Copperas Walk and Skelhorne Street.
Artist's impression of the Learning Commons.
Artist's impression of how the interior of the Student Life Building could look.