Meet the Women Academics Network Officials
The following members have taken on key roles within the network:
- Dr Sarah Dalrymple (Network Chair)
- Dr Fiona Armstrong-Gibbs (Event Co-ordinator and Community Liaison)
- Katherine Stephan (Event Co-ordinator and Community Liaison)
- Dr Sue Cronshaw (Marketing and Social Media Rep)
- Reader - Dr Pooja Saini (Project Lead/Co-ordinator)
- Reader - Dr Linda Seton (Project Lead/Co-ordinator)
- Reader - Lisa Jones (Project Lead/Co-ordinator)
- Moni Akinsanya (Network Diversity and Inclusion advisor)
- Julia Daer (Network Diversity and Inclusion advisor)
Network Officials Roles and Responsibilities
All Network Officials will be expected to:
- Positively represent the network
- Support the network and members whom have taken on additional key roles as Network Officials (inclusive of note-taking responsibilities during meetings, where necessary)
- Help champion network and LJMU Diversity and Inclusion priorities
The Chairperson(s) / Co-Chairs, have a strategic role to play in representing the vision and purpose of the network. The Chairperson ensures that the network functions properly, that there is full participation at meetings, all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out.
Project Lead and Co-ordinators
Positively represent the network by championing network and university-wide Diversity and Inclusion priorities by leading on projects/initiatives. Support the Network Co-Chairs and Network Officials where needed. Support the design of related LJMU Staff Network web-pages by providing relevant content. The network, with the involvement of representatives from the Diversity and Inclusion Team, will appoint Project Leads and Co-ordinators to Task and Finish Groups as and when require.
LJMU EDI Priorities 2020 - 2024
Event Coordinators and Community Liaisons
Are proactive in their approach to event co-ordination; they secure dates/times/locations/guest speakers/etc. for activities. They coordinate the logistics of each event, source funding and provide plans for network members to support proceedings.
Support the design of related LJMU Staff Network web-pages by providing relevant content. They approach and disseminate information to/from the LJMU and local community regarding networking/engagement opportunities and events.
Marketing and Social Media
Support the event coordinators by creating and disseminate marketing materials, that relate to engagement opportunities/events that the network create via social media and other media avenues. Support the design of related LJMU Staff Network web-pages by providing relevant content.
Working closely with the Network Co-Chairs to co-ordinate network meetings and disseminates information (i.e.; agendas, notes, action control registers, etc.) to the network ahead of each meeting. Take notes during network meetings and pull out key actions for network members to take forward. The Secretary may require support from Network Officials to note-take from time to time.
Diversity and Inclusion Advisers
Provides relevant information on Diversity and Inclusion related issues/data, which relate to network activities and initiatives.