This is the second annual LJMU Women in Research conference providing an opportunity to celebrate women’s research within the University. It is a way to better acknowledge the invaluable contribution our female researchers have dedicated towards academia over the years.
It will outline current research across the faculties and include a poster competition for both high school and postgraduate students to acknowledge women in research across different educational levels.
The conference will be delivered in partnership with LJMU’s Outreach and Equality and Diversity Team and takes place on International Women’s Day.
Inspirational speakers from across a plethora of research based disciplines will be in presenting, including an opening address from Dame Lorna EF Muirhead DCVO DBE.
The programme for the day is:
09:30 - 10:00 Registration & Refreshments (including poster set-up)
10:00 - 10:10 Welcome & Introduction
10:10 - 10:30 Opening Address: Dame Lorna EF Muirhead DCVO DBE
10:30 - 10:35 Introduction to Female Professors Network: Professor Caroline Wilkinson
10:40 - 11:15 Research Presentations - Session 1
11:15 - 11:25 Break/Refreshments
11:25 - 12:05 Research Presentations - Session 2
12:05 - 13:05 Lunch & Poster Judging
13:05 - 13:45 Research Presentations - Session 3
13.45 - 14:00 Competition Winner Presentation
14:00 - 14:10 Where do we go from here?
14:10 - 14:30 Closing Words
Names/Subject areas of Research Presenters
- Dr Rebecca Murphy, Sport Science
- Dr Laura Edwards, Geo Science
- Dr Ana Armada Bras, Built Environment
- Dr Christine Unterhitzenberger, Business School
- Professor Catherine Cole, Screen School
- Dr Caroline Brett, Psychology
- Dr Amy Whitehead, Sport Studies Leisure and Nutrition
- Professor Deborah Fitzsimmons, Nursing and Allied Health
- Kathryn Smith, Art & Design
- Helen Jermak, Astrophysics
- Dr Valentina Cazzato, Psychology
- Dr Emma Pomeroy, Biology
- Dr Celine Germond-Duret, Human Geography
- Dr Helen Monk, Criminology
- Stephanie Evers, Natural Sciences & Psychology
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org