Applications for the ‘Nia’ development programme 2023 are now open to ethnically diverse staff at LJMU.
Adopting the Swahili name ‘Nia,’ meaning ‘purpose’, the programme will be delivered by The King’s Fund to help create an inspiring and motivating career vision for ethnically diverse colleagues at LJMU. Staff registered on the virtual three-day programme will also receive individual 1:1 personal coaching session(s).
Staff must meet the additional requirements to take part in the Nia Programme:
- Staff must be Grade 6, or upwards
- Staff must participate in all online sessions
- Staff must engage in two follow-up mentoring sessions
The ‘Nia’ programme was first launched at LJMU last year in 2022 and due to its success is making a return for 2023.
By the end of the personal development programme professional services and academic staff attendees will amongst other things:
- Understand the skills and qualities that are not ‘taught in school’ – influence and the power of personal impact that make you stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- Learn why in-house ‘Brand You’ matters more than ever in accelerating and progressing your future career.
- Understand how to successfully access and leverage the hidden job market through intentional networking and contacts.
- Develop a clear understanding of the difference between career achievement and career success.
Dr Denise Lee, Associate Dean of Diversity and Inclusion for the Faculty of Engineering and Technology and Programme Leader at School of Civil Engineering and Built Environment participated in the first cycle of the programme in 2022 and said:
“By taking part in The Nia Programme, I had the chance to speak with like-minded individuals and I learned that I wasn’t the only one facing such challenges. It was comforting to hear about other people’s experiences and how they overcame similar obstacles. My confidence has grown thanks to shared experiences and peer-to-peer support. This programme would be a great resource for all ethnically diverse staff members.”
How to apply
Spaces are limited, to avoid disappointment please register as soon as possible. Applications will close 5 January 2024, 5pm.
Find out more and apply for the Nia programme.
Please email the Diversity and Inclusion Team at email@example.com if you have any questions.