Social work students

Information for UK postgraduate 2018/19 entrants

Funding and fees for social work students

What funding could you receive?

If you are accepted onto the MA Social Work course and you meet the eligibility criteria, you will receive:

  • A grant for your tuition fees from the General Social Work Council. You’ll receive this through the NHS Business Services Authority, please note we are still waiting for the government to confirm bursaries for 2018

This funding is only available to students from England, who are studying in England.

The number of bursaries available are restricted in number and specific eligibility criteria may be applied. This means you may be offered a place on the MA in Social Work, but not a bursary or tuition fee grant to finance your studies.

If this happens you will be responsible for covering your own tuition fees and living costs. The University has to apply certain criteria when awarding bursaries and you should be advised before you start your degree if you have been awarded a bursary. Before you begin your course, make sure you research the other funding options that might be available to you.

Read the eligibility criteria and apply