Learn more about postgraduate study
The Centre has a diverse research community that can offer you outstanding postgraduate support and PhD provision.
Currently, the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Research Centre are recruiting students in the following areas:
Electric Machines and Drives Research Group
• Model predictive control of multiphase drive systems
• Multiphase generator/converter topologies and control for wind energy harvesting
• Selective harmonic elimination PWM and other low-switching-frequency PWM techniques for multiphase converters
• Control of multiphase matrix converters
The Microelectronics Group
• Impact of nano-meter device variation on circuits
• Resistive-switching random access memories (ReRAM)
• Device modelling
• III-Nitride-based devices
• Power devices
• III-V MOSFETs
• 3D devices
• Aging qualification
What to expect as a PhD student
As well as having access to excellent research facilities and first-rate academics within your specialist area, PhD students studying as part of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Research Centre can expect to present their results at internationally leading conferences and publish research papers in leading international technical journals.
You will also use industrial test samples within the Microelectronics area and work with industrial partners on externally funded projects.
Contact us to find out more about studying as a postgraduate
I'm privileged to be working with an international team which will have a profound experience in the area of the research.