Level 7, 10 Credits
The aim of the programme is to provide the healthcare practitioner with the underpinning knowledge to interpret physiological and clinical data. It will help prepare you for your final OSCE/VIVA assessment.
The course runs over one semester (12 weeks).
The cost for this CPD module is £40.00 per credit through the CPD apply route or £32.00 per credit through the self-funded route.
This innovative module uses a scenario-based approach and a variety of teaching and learning methods including:
- interactive lectures
- clinical demonstrations
- clinically directed workbook activities
One two hour session weekly over the duration of a 12 week semester.
This course will give you the underpinning knowledge to interpret physiological and clinical data and is ideal if you are an experienced healthcare professional who wants to develop additional knowledge within this field.
The course is particularly relevant if you:
- are working in primary and secondary care, and have recently completed a course in physical examination skills
- are working towards a level of advanced nursing practice
- are considering future roles as a nurse clinician / nurse practitioner or advanced practitioner in a variety of disciplines
Please contact the Faculty Admissions Team for further information.
In order to be considered for this course, you must:
- be a healthcare professionals with at least 2 years clinical experience or recent evidence of completing a course in advanced clinical skills
- have a letter from your employer confirming support of your studies
This Continuing Professional Development programme can be studied within the MSc Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical) award framework or as a single CPD.
Dates for the coming year will be available shortly.
How to apply
If your CPD course is funded by NHS North West, please apply through the CPD apply system. You can contact your Trust Training Lead for further advice on this process.
If you are funding the course yourself, please apply using the postgraduate online application form
Further information is available in our CPD for healthcare professionals brochure.
Faculty Admissions Team
Faculty of Education, Health and Community
Liverpool John Moores University
79 Tithebarn Street
Liverpool L2 2ER
T: 0151 231 5829
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.