Level 7, 10 Credits
Please note: Due to the volume of applications, we are currently not accepting any further applications for this CPD module for September 2020 entry, however we are still accepting applications for January 2021 entry.
The aim of the programme is to provide the healthcare practitioner with the underpinning knowledge to interpret physiological and clinical data. It will help prepare you for your final unseen written examination.
The course runs over one semester (15 weeks).
The cost for this CPD module is £402.80.
This innovative module uses a scenario-based approach and a variety of teaching and learning methods including:
- interactive lectures
- case histories
- clinically directed workbook activities
One two hour session weekly over the duration of a 15 week semester.
This course will give you the underpinning knowledge to interpret physiological and clinical data and is ideal if you are an experienced healthcare professional who wants to develop additional knowledge within this field.
The course is particularly relevant if you:
- are working in primary and secondary care, and have recently completed a course in physical examination skills
- Clinical (this is a multi-professional module)
- are considering future roles as a nurse clinician / nurse practitioner or advanced practitioner in a variety of disciplines
Please contact the Faculty Admissions Team for further information
Module leader : Rosemary McCarthy
T: 0151 231 4493
In order to be considered for this course, you must:
- be a healthcare professionals relevant clinical experience or recent evidence of completing a course in advanced clinical skills
- have a letter from your employer confirming support of your studies
This Continuing Professional Development programme can be studied within the MSc Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical) award framework or as a single CPD.
Closed to applicants - course full
See timetable -
How to apply
Please apply using the postgraduate online application form
Further information is available in our CPD for healthcare professionals brochure.
Faculty Admissions Team
Faculty of Health and Community
Liverpool John Moores University
79 Tithebarn Street
Liverpool L2 2ER
T: 0151 231 5829
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.