Build on your existing diploma qualification and obtain a degree while remaining in full time employment
Tailor your studies to meet your own specific and individual practice needs by choosing modules from a wide range of multi-professional CPD courses.
To achieve the BSc (Hons) award you need to complete 120 credits of study, including four core modules totalling 80 credits (Research, Leadership, Mentorship and a Dissertation). The remaining 40 credits can be gained by completing any of the other Level 6 modules of your chosen pathway.
Please note: You will be expected to hold a Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE) in a health or social care subject to enrol on this degree.
The following CPD programmes are offered as part of the Heath and Social Care Development BSc award framework or as standalone courses:
- Leadership Development Through Action Learning
- Mentorship in Healthcare Practice
- Negotiated Work Based Learning Professional Studies
- Paediatric Clinical Examination and Minor Illness
- Palliative Care for Adults
- Professional Studies in the Care of People with Diabetes
- Research in Health and Social Care
- Sexual Health in Practice
The Health and Social Care Development BSc degree through CPD pathways offers the following:
- Flexibility: earn while you learn through part-time study; the degree can be completed over 18 months to five years
- Relevance: the qualification is suitable for a wide range of professionals
- Five pathways: choose from – Paramedic, Adult Nursing, Child Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Midwifery/Health
- Choice: there's an extensive range of modules to choose from which means you can tailor education and training to your specific practice needs