Health and Social Care courses
If you are Registered Nurse and you have a Diploma in Higher Education within your field of practice we have tailored a degree that will allow you to gain a full Bachelor of Science with Honours.
To achieve the BSc (Hons) award you will need to complete 120 credits of study, including three core modules totalling 60 credits (Research, Leadership and a Dissertation). The remaining 60 credits can be gained by completing any three of the other Level 6 modules.
Core Modules, total 60 credits:
- Leadership Development Through Action Learning
- Research in Health and Social Care
- Extended study (Dissertation)
Any 3 Option Modules, total 60 credits:
- Advancing Tissue Viability
- Dementia Care
- Developing and Managing Care of the Highly Dependent Adult
- Diabetes: Care and Management
- Infection Control for Healthcare
- Paediatric Clinical Examination and Minor Illness
- Palliative Care for Adults
- Negotiated Work Based Learning Professional Studies
The BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care Development degree offer the following:
- Expertise: Each module is delivered by an expert in the field.
- Flexibility: earn while you learn through part-time study; the degree can be completed over a two year period.
- Relevance: The modules give an excellent insight into a variety of speciality areas within Nursing. Your choice of modules will mean you can tailor education to your specific practice needs.
- Recognition of Prior Learning: We are able to consider your Diploma in Higher and add this towards the 360 credits that you require to attain a degree, with honours, in the United Kingdom. Your Diploma will account for 240 credits.
- Your dedicated pathway: You will be able to discuss the best route through to your graduation with your Programme lead.
Take a look at our CPD brochure for healthcare, social care and allied health professionals and view our full range of courses.