Policing CPD courses
Our diverse and bespoke portfolio of interdisciplinary professional development courses are specifically designed to meet the needs and requirements of your organisation.
Credit-bearing CPD modules are offered on a full-time or part-time basis and through delivery on-site (at LJMU), off-site, via distance learning or through a blended delivery process.
Programmes can be delivered in your force area or in your country at a time and date of your choosing; participants will also be welcomed to Liverpool for the duration of their learning. We also offer a blended learning approach, where face-to-face teaching will be combined with online learning, assessments and tutor support where necessary.
Our team of expert academics, practitioners and serving officers have been carefully hand-picked so that the Centre continually develops the latest and most advanced evidence-based theory which is available to clients who undertake our bespoke training and leadership programmes. Sessions incorporate teaching and presentations by LCAPS staff and Visiting Lecturers. A directory of Visiting Lectures has recently been developed. This details a list of practitioners and subject matter experts who will deliver talks / presentations on areas of their experience and knowledge to students.
The Centre’s CPD team offers a variety of Masterclasses running throughout the year which consist of single two-hour presentations by leading experts and practitioners based on current themes and topics or their particular area of expertise. Masterclasses complement CPD courses and are communicated via LCAPS mailing list and social media.
- Covert Techniques – Legislation and Operational Capability
- Crime Scene Management and Forensic Awareness
- Cybercrime Investigation
- Effective Use of CCTV in Intelligence and Investigation
- Financial Investigation (including POCA and Asset Recovery)
- Forensic Bioscience
- Honour Based Abuse
- Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery
- Investigation of Allegations of Non-Recent Child Abuse
- Law Enforcement Response to Hate Crime
- Leading the Complexity
- Management of ongoing investigations (SIO)
- The Multi-Agency Approach to Dealing with Mental Health in Children and Young People
- Serious and Organised Crime - Effective Partnerships to Deliver
- Trace Evidence Analysis
- Use of Intelligence in Covert and Reactive Investigations