Fees, funding and payments
Everything you need to know about your student finances
Applying for a loan, paying your tuition fees and planning for your living costs can seem daunting, but don’t worry. We’re here to help you with every aspect of your undergraduate finances.
Fees and Funding Guide
Read your Fees and Funding Guide
Your Fees and Funding Guide contains lots of useful information on tuition fees, loans, bursaries and scholarships. Inside your guide you'll also find advice about when you should apply for funding.Read your Fees and Funding Guide
Tuition fee information
You'll find more tuition fee information below by clicking on the relevant tabs.
How much are my tuition fees?
Your annual tuition fee: £9,000
Like most universities, Liverpool John Moores University charges an annual tuition fee of £9,000.
Remember that you don't have to pay your tuition fees upfront when you enrol.
If you are eligible, you can take out a tuition fee loan instead, which doesn't have to be repaid until after you leave Liverpool John Moores University and you start earning more than £21,000 (threshold for students from England).
Other than tuition fees, are there any other study costs?
If you’re worried about the additional costs of studying, don’t be.
Our programmes have no hidden costs and your tuition fee will cover or contribute to, as appropriate, expenses associated with your core modules, including:
• Safety equipment, such as lab coats and goggles
• Uniforms for nurses, paramedics and other professional placement students (if applicable)
• UK field trips
• Educational visits
• Student exchanges
• Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks (previously CRB)
• Professional sector regulatory body membership
Funding dos and don'ts
1. Do contact the Student Advice and Wellbeing Service. The Student Advice and Wellbeing Service would be happy to chat to you about any questions or concerns you may have about fees, funding and student support:
Tel: 0151 231 3153/3154
2. Do apply early for your student finance to ensure it is in place before you start your course.
1. You don’t have to wait until you have been formally offered a place to apply for your student funding. If you are starting a course here in September 2016, you can apply for your student finance from January 2016 onwards.
Got a question about fees and funding? Contact us in confidence.
Or call: 0151 231 3153/3154