Our offer to you
PLSU are here to support Faculty of Science students with all aspects of your placement journey. We offer information, advice and guidance, as well as coaching support in relation to Science placements and professional employability skills development. This includes help with placement search, placement CV/cover letters/online applications and the placement recruitment processes.
What are the benefits of doing a placement?
- Get experience in an industry or sector you’re interested in
- Gain skills and develop key competencies that graduate recruiters look for
- Understand the relationship between academic theory and work place practice
- Make new contacts whilst on placement and learn how to network
We can support you with…
- Developing the skills you need to find a placement
- How to make the most of your time on placement
- Support and guidance with your placement CV, cover letter and applications
- Placement paperwork
- DBS checks for placement
- Interview preparation for potential placements
- Skills reflection post-placement
- Understanding key employability skills
Each School has designated Work-Based Learning Officers who you can book in a 1:1 appointment with. Come and see us to explore what support we can offer you and to answer any of your work-based learning questions. You can find out who your Work-Based Learning Officer is here.
We offer this support via 1:1 appointments, email, telephone calls or visit us in our office.
Telephone: 0151 231 2079
Room: 904, James Parsons Building, Byrom Street, L3 3AF.