Transgender Awareness Workshops (2019/20)
LJMU are proud to be working in partnership with Subject Matter Expert; GenderSpace and are pleased to offer LJMU Staff the opportunity to participate in a half day, Transgender Awareness Workshop.
- Thursday 7th November 2019
- Friday 6th March 2020
- Thursday 14th May 2020
Book Your Place Online:
The Workshop Will Provide Participants With:
- An introduction to Trans Awareness.
- Develop a deeper understanding of gender reassignment.
- Personal journey of transition.
- Understand more about transgender Equality Legislation and Rights.
- Explore key features relating to gender reassignment and the effects on student attainment, retention and staff wellbeing.
- Develop a customer-centred approach to delivering services to a diverse range of students and staff.
- Develop a strategy for individual action.
Who can attend?
This opportunity is open to all LJMU Staff. Places are limited and will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis.
Half day workshops will run in the morning (10:00 – 13:00) and depending on demand, the same session will be repeated in the afternoon (14:00 – 17:00).
*NB: The workshop schedule above is subject the change