Event Invite - Women In Leadership: What Does It Take For Women To Rise To The Top?
Great News! Due to the popularity of the LJMU Women in Leadership Event (26th February 2020) we have now sourced a much larger lecture theatre (in the LJMU Tithebarn Building) to accommodate everyone.
If you would like to attend and are yet to register, please book your FREE ticket today - Via Eventbrite (Click Here)
- Wednesday 26th February 2020
- 12:00 - 15:30
- Liverpool John Moores University, Tithebarn Street Building, Tithebarn Street, Liverpool, L2 2ER
Talk Title: "A Personal Journey - The Accidental HR Director"
Julie Lloyd, Executive HR Director at LJMU (pictured below) retires from the University in March 2020, after 33 years of service. Julie joined LJMU in 1987 and became Director of Employment in 2000 after serving in various positions. Julie is passionate about the progression of women in the workplace and has always advocated for more women in the boardroom.
In her talk, Julie will explore the critical issues as to why we are not seeing more women in top positions and offer tips and strategies for overcoming the challenges to women’s advancement and career progression. Julie’s talk will be followed by an interactive question and answer session. We expect this to be a stimulating discussion.
The Aim Of The Event:
Passionate about improving gender diversity in senior leadership roles, Julie Lloyd - Executive Director Human Resources, will offer tips on how to obtain a top leadership role and how to promote gender diversity in senior positions.
This event will provide a safe space for individuals to ask questions, share experiences and offer strategies to overcome challenges.
Who Can Attend The Event?
This event is open to all LJMU/JMSU staff and students, as well as members of the local community and High School/College level students who aspire to obtain a leadership role in the future. (NB: Places are limited and will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis)
- 12:00 – 12:40 | Registration & Refreshments
- 12:40 – 12:50 | Guest To Take Their Seats (Lecture Theatre)
- 12:50 – 13:00 | Introduction To The Event & A Few Words About Julie Lloyd (Professor Ian Campbell, Vice Chancellor & Chief Executive, LJMU)
- 13:00 – 13:30 | What Does It Take For Women To Rise To The Top? (Julie Lloyd, Executive HR Director), LJMU) Talk Title: "A Personal Journey - The Accidental HR Director"
- 13:30 – 14:20 | Q&A With The Audience
- 14:20 – 14:30 | LJMU Gives Thanks To Julie & Closing Words (Professor Ian Campbell, Vice-Chancellor & Chief Executive, LJMU)
- 14:30 – 15:30 | Close & Reception Drinks
*NB: The above schedule is subject the change. Places are limited and tickets will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis.
Book Your FREE Ticket Today - Via Eventbrite (Click Here)