LJMU Religion & Belief Workshops
“Understanding religious diversity of our students and staff community”
LJMU’s Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Team, are proud to be working in partnership with Zia Chaudhry (Director of LJMU Foundation for Citizenship), Zane Abdo (LJMU Muslim Adviser/Chaplin), Rabbi Natan Fagleman (LJMU Jewish Chaplain), Hannah Padfield (LJMU Anglican Chaplain), Father Neil Ritchie (LJMU Catholic Chapain) and other external consultants in order to offer LJMU Staff (& Students*), the opportunity to participate in a bespoke, half day Religion & Belief workshop.
To book your place please visit the online LJMU Staff Development Calendar
WORKSHOP DATES (2020):
- Friday 13th March 2020
- Wednesday 13th May 2020
[ HALF DAY WORKSHOP TIMES: 10:00 – 12:30/13:00 ]
The Aim Of The Training Session Is To Help Participants:
- Develop a deeper understanding of different religions and beliefs.
- Building Good Relations with People of Different Faiths and Beliefs.
- Skills for working and studying as part of a diverse university environment.
- Actions that can be detrimental to the general wellbeing of staff and students, which can also be unlawful.
- Reflect on any unconscious bias that may lead us to make assumptions about people who are different from ourselves.
- The University’s obligations under the Equality Act 2010.
- Explore key features of religion & belief in Higher Education and its effects on student and staff.
- The right of employees and students who do not hold a religious belief to be treated no less favourably than their religious colleagues.
- Develop a strategy for individual action.
*NB: The workshop schedule above is subject the change
Questions? Please contact LJMU Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 0151 231 8660/8141