The Academic Framework Regulations for 2020/21 have been updated in the Policy Centre. These regulations are relevant to all LJMU staff, students and academic partnerships. The main updates to the regulations include:
1) Renaming of the "Faculty Approval Panel" to the "Personal Circumstances Panel"
2) Change to the conferral date of awards from the 11th to the 1st of each month
3) The quoracy of the Personal Circumstances Panel more clearly defined
4) UG.C1.2 and PG.C1.2 now refers to module specifications rather than module handbooks due to the removal of the latter
5) Students can now appeal against the decision of a Personal Circumstances Panel so there is updated wording UG.C9 and PG.C9 to reflect this (as per OIA recommendation received on 23rd May 2020)
6) UG.C4.6.4 and PG.C4.6.4 allows personal circumstances panels to withdraw the student fit to sit declaration when there is clear evidence that the student was not in a fit state to decide whether they were fit to submit/sit the assessment item concerned (as per OIA recommendation received on 23rd May 2020)
7) UG.C8.3 clarifies that the borderline consideration algorithm uses the majority of mark-bearing credits which calculating eligibility for a higher classification rather than purely the majority of credits in the final level. This allows for the provision of Pass / Fail modules at Level 6 without adversely impacting the award calculation.
Undergraduate Regulations 2020-21
Undergraduate Regulations 2020-21, delivery commenced prior to September 2016
Postgraduate (taught) Regulations 2020-21
Postgraduate (taught) Regulations 2020-21, delivery commenced prior to September 2016
The Student Compensation Policy has been added to the Policy Centre after being updated for the new academic year. This policy is relevant to all LJMU staff, students and academic partnerships.
The Student Withdrawal Policy has been updated in the Policy Centre for the new academic year. This policy is relevant to all LJMU staff, students and academic partnerships.
The Conditions of Offer and Enrolment have been updated in the Policy Centre for the new academic year. This policy is relevant to LJMU applicants.
You can visit the Policy Centre at https://policies.ljmu.ac.uk/UserHome/Policies/Default.aspx
For any policy related queries, please email email@example.com