LJMU LGBTIQ+ History Month Events & Activities (2021) - Get Involved!
The LJMU Together (LGBTIQ+) Staff Network and EDI Team, invite YOU to participate in a series of activities and events to mark LGBT+ History Month 2021!
Dearest members of the LGBT+ community and all our LGBT+ Ally’s,
Well what a year it has been, I know we all thought it would be over by now and we would be back to some normality in our daily lives. Just in case this pandemic continued, as it has, the LJMU Together LGBT+ Staff and Student Networks have prepared a list of events to take place virtually throughout February, to help us celebrate LGBT+ History Month (2021) - The theme this year is “Body, Mind & Spirit”.
The feature event this year is “LJMU LGBTIQ+ Event (2021) - In conversation with Nancy Kelley, Stonewall CEO”, which will be held on the 2nd March 2021 (2 – 3.30pm).
This virtual event aims to address curiosities around gender-identity, genderfluidity and sexual orientation, whilst sharing best practice for how to support others whom may be struggling with their own identity or those that may be living in isolation, at the moment.
The members of the staff and student networks have worked hard to create a range of fun and informative events for this year. Please, try to take the time to attend as many as possible.
All the events are one or two hours long. Everyone wishing to attend will be asked to register via the Eventbrite link or alternate registration platform listed alongside each event description.
Please click on the link(s) below, for the full list of activities/events and details on how to register:
Once registered, you will then receive online login details (i.e. Zoom/MS Teams) via email for each occasion. Some events have limited attendance, so book early to avoid disappointment.
As always many of these events are also open to people in the wider LGBT+ community (outside of LJMU), so please feel free to help spread the word and post the link to this Eventbrite page on your social media accounts.
We hope that you enjoy the activities and events that we have lined up for you, as part of this year’s LGBT+ History Month 2021.
- LJMU Together LGBTIQ+ Staff Network
Summary of LGBTIQ+ Activities & Events:
- Mon 1st Feb (11am - 12pm) Library Services Book Club Sign Up
- Mon 1st Feb (12pm - 1pm) Spill the Tea!
- Wed 3rd Feb (4pm - 5pm) GIANTS Questions: Open Forum
- Sat 6th Feb (11am - 12pm) Our Proud History
- Tues 9th Feb (1pm - 2pm) Spill the Tea!
- Thurs 11th Feb (9.30am - 12.30pm) Transgender Awareness Workshop
- Fri 12th Feb (4.30pm - 6.30pm) Quiz Time
- Tues 16th Feb (12pm - 1pm) Spill the Tea!
- Wed 17th Feb (2pm - 3pm) Sahir House Event
- Wed 17th Feb (4pm - 5pm) Queer Art & Now: Panel Discussion
- Fri 19th Feb (8pm - 10pm) House Party
- Mon 22nd Feb (1pm - 2pm) Spill the Tea!
- Wed 24th Feb (2pm - 3.30pm) LGBT+ History Month Research Café
- Fri 26th Feb (12.30pm - 1.30pm) Library Services Book Club
- Tues 2nd March (2pm - 3.30pm) LJMU LGBTIQ+ Event 2021 - In Conversation with Nancy Kelley, Stonewall CEO
LGBT+ Charity Fundraiser Raffle.
£2 per ticket - Click here to buy tickets
All money raised to go to the LGBT Foundation Charity, here in the North West.
The Prize is an "iPad Pro 11 inch in Space Grey 128Gb". Donated by UNISON@LJMU. http://www.unisonljmu.org.uk
Tickets go on sale from 25/01/2021.Draw Closes 25/02/2021. Draw to take place on 26/02/2021. The winner will be notified by e-mail on the 01/03/2021