International Women’s Day 2021 – Tell us: What is going on in your area?
International Women's Day (IWD) is on the 8th March, is a globally acknowledge occasion which aims to celebrate the social, political, economic and cultural achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. Significant activities, events and movements occur worldwide as groups come together to celebrate women's achievements or rally for women's equality.
This year LJMU’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Team and Women Academics Network are reaching out to all faculties/areas, to find out what YOU are doing to mark this occasion?
You may wish to:
- Run an event or activity to raise awareness of gender equality
- Celebrate the achievements of women within your facilities/professional service areas
- Create buzz via social media using the IWD campaign hashtags #ChooseToChallenge #IWD2021
Any positive action you are taking towards gender equality, we would like to hear about it.
Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by (5pm) Thursday 25th February 2021.
- The title of your event/talk/activity/etc.
- The date(s) and time(s) the occasion(s) will run
- A registration link or virtual login details
- A brief write up that can be used to promote your activity/event
- Any links to social media that you would like to be associated with the event
Please use the subject header “International Women’s Day 2021 – Please Insert Your Faculty/School/Area/Department Name”
Once we have this information, we will collate it and support the promotion of your activities via staff/student news letters and EDI related mailing lists. We would encourage you to also circulate your event/activity details amongst your own networks.
Click the following link to find out more about International Women’s Day.
We look forward to hearing from you.
LJMU’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Team & Women Academics Network
Questions? Please email: email@example.com