As 2023 marks our bicentenary, this year’s Students at the Heart Conference theme is ‘LJMU always ahead of our time’.
Taking place on Wednesday 7 and Thursday 8 June 2023, in our Student Life and Redmonds Buildings, the conference organising committee is now welcoming submissions from across the LJMU community and our partner organisations, linked to our theme.
Proposals should also address one or more of the aims underpinning our new strategy:
- Education and Student Experience: transforming lives and futures - examples of delivering outstanding teaching and learning, enhancing graduate employment prospects, diversifying, responsive support, providing an excellent student experience beyond the curriculum and supporting communities
- Research and Knowledge Exchange: curiosity, creativity and impact - examples of teaching inspired by research, evidence-based service development, knowledge exchange, and student-led research
- Place and Partnership: building skills, economy, community - examples of support for the regional skills base, driving local economic growth with business and industry, building on collaboration and growing international students and partners
How to make a submission
Submissions can be made through the dedicated online survey form.
The deadline for submissions is 9am on Monday 13 March 2023.
Shortlisting Panel criteria
Successful submissions will be judged on a combination of the following:
- The focus is accessible and will be of interest to a general audience
- The topic can encourage the adoption of good practice in other areas of the institution
- Approaches that support the inclusion and achievement of underrepresented groups
- The application of the student voice to enhance the student experience
- Interesting and effective use of technology to engage both students and staff on and off campus
- The insightfulness of ideas and the broad argument
- Research based submissions should include relevant details of the research process and a broad outline of the results (if these are available at the time of submission)
Contact the conference organisers
We hope that this year’s conference will be an opportunity to celebrate and share the positive impact that LJMU has had and continues to have on our students, staff and wider communities.
Further enquiries can be sent via email to the conference organisers.