This March is Student Voice Month and we are encouraging all our students, whichever year of study they are in, to share their feedback and suggestions about studying at LJMU.
Next week, we’ll be emailing students with a personalised link to the surveys, relevant to their level of study, and are asking all staff for their support in encouraging students to share their thoughts.
There will be different surveys running throughout the month, aimed at different levels of study, including:
- PTES: a national survey for postgrad taught students launching 1 March
- LJMU First Year Experience Survey for level 3 and 4 students launching 2 March
- LJMU Course Experience Survey for level 5 students launching 2 March
- Module Evaluation for all levels of study; Semester 1 and Yearlong modules launching 20 March
- NSS for final year undergrads still open throughout the month
The answers will help us understand what is working well and where we can make changes.
We will also make a £1 charity donation, for every survey completed, to Micah Liverpool, which runs a foodbank and supports local people in poverty.
It’s thanks to feedback from students completing these surveys in previous years that we’ve introduced:
- Enhanced staff development on accessibility of Canvas courses
- Better welcome, orientation and social support for Northern Irish students
- Earlier access to study skills sessions for several Degree Apprenticeship programmes
- As well as a range of changes at individual programme level
If you have any questions about the surveys and how you can help promote them to your students contact Elena Zaitseva.