Careers support for our Alumni
Lifetime careers support
Once you graduate from LJMU you are still able to access careers support, including speaking to a Careers Adviser, getting your application forms or CV checked by an Employability Adviser or attending any of our events, including careers workshops, webinars, fairs or employer events, at any time, for life.
To book onto an event, or to book an appointment with a Careers Adviser or Employability Adviser, call in to one of our Careers Zones (in the James Parsons Building at Byrom Street or Aldham Robarts Library). Alternatively, phone 0151 231 2048 (Byrom Careers Zone) or 0151 231 3719 (Aldham Careers Zone).
Interested in a paid internship or a career coaching programme?
For students graduating in 2018, if you would like more information about paid internships, the career coaching programme, or any other careers support available, please complete the details below:
LJMU Connect allows you to both re-connect with old classmates as well as enabling you to use the trusted Liverpool John Moores University environment to expand your professional network. You can:
- Find and reminisce with fellow graduates, see what they have been up to and stay in touch.
- Advance your career through inside connections working in top companies.
- Join us for social events or professional networking. Share insight and help to shape our courses.
- Introduce, employ and offer to act as a mentor to other alumni and our graduating students.
By fully integrating with social networks, and cultivating a culture of helping and giving back, you will be amazed how vibrant your Liverpool John Moores University alumni community is!
Join LJMU Connect today and stay involved with us!
To contact the LJMU Alumni Team:
Graduate Outcomes is a national survey which gathers information about the activities and viewpoints of graduates 15 months after they’ve finished their studies.
As an LJMU graduate, your response to this survey is very important as it will:
- Provide future students with insight into their potential career destinations
- Enable our Careers Team to offer tailored careers advice which you can continue to access for life as a LJMU graduate
- Provide higher education institutions, policy makers, researchers and others with data, to understand current trends within the graduate jobs market
- Contribute to the University’s positioning in league tables
Anyone who graduates after 1 August 2017 will be asked to complete the Graduate Outcomes survey.
Graduate Outcomes has replaced the previous Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey (DLHE).
Who runs the survey?
The Graduate Outcomes survey is a statutory process for all higher education providers and is coordinated by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA).
The operations and data collection element of the Graduate Outcomes survey will be undertaken by a third-party survey contractor who will work in collaboration with HESA, Funding Bodies and UK Higher Education Providers.
What do I need to do?
Whilst you are a student and after you leave University ensure you keep your contact details up to date via LJMU Connect.
LJMU will also be in contact with you (via email and telephone) after you graduate to ensure we have the most up to date contact information for you.
When will I be contacted?
All leavers will be contacted approximately 15 months after completing their course.
For more information about careers services at LJMU, call into your nearest Careers Zone, call 0151 231 2048/3719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.