LJMU Marks National Inclusion Week (2020)
National Inclusion Week gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to inclusion in and outside of the LJMU community.
National Inclusion Week begins on the 28 September 2020 and leads into October, which also known as Black History Month. They are designed to celebrate inclusion in all its forms and provide the opportunity for people to share their stories, promote exciting learning activities and inspire others to engage with those who share different cultures, beliefs, identities, orientations and values.
This year’s theme for National Inclusion Week (2020) is “Each One, Reach One” - A chance for each of us to set personal challenges and experience new ways of thinking in order to reach a new level of cultural awareness.
Ideas for becoming more inclusive:
- Perhaps you would like join a new Student Society, Staff Network or become an Equality-Ally.
- Why not sign up for a couple of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Staff Development Workshops on offer throughout the year or complete the online EDI Canvas Module open to both students and staff.
- You could, visit the Black Lives Matter microsite to explore a wide range of materials on Black Lives Matter from inside and outside LJMU.
- Share the new LJMU Unconscious Bias & Intercultural Competence Film on social media with friends, family and colleagues using the hashtag #LJMUNeverJudgeABook.
- You could arrange a virtual event to celebrate a particular inclusion date from the EDI Calendar.
- Register your interest and attend this year’s Virtual Black History Month Roscoe Lecture and keep your eye’s peeled for activities surrounding Disability History Month (Nov-Dec 2020), LGBTIQ+ History Month (Feb 2021) and many more EDI related events.
Whatever you do to become more culturally competent, can only benefit those around you.
Together, we can further develop LJMU to ensure it is a more inclusive place to study and work.
For more information about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion(EDI) at LJMU, please visit our website or email: email@example.com