Get involved with LJMU
Together we can help prepare students for the world of work
LJMU is nationally and internationally recognised for its work with employers. This work aims to enhance the graduates’ employability by having work-related experiences in all programmes. We welcome any organisation that wishes to become involved.
Organisations we have worked with – ranging from the Tate, Aldi, Royal Mail, Barclays, The Jockey Club, Sony, The Philharmonic, Wates, BT, ITV, Primary Care Trusts and many smaller businesses and charities. The organisations agree that working with LJMU:
- Raises their company profile
- Enables recruitment of excellent graduates
- Provides an opportunity to contribute to the curriculum
World of Work Programme
The World of Work Programme is designed and delivered in partnership with leading employers, to ensure our graduates have the skills and knowledge most valued by you. We provide you with comprehensive professional support in engaging with some of our 24,000 plus students and graduates, giving access to talented students, cutting edge research and a developed network of key employer partners.
Ways you can get involved with the World of Work programme:
- Being a World of Work Skills certificate interviewer
- Sharing first-hand experience of a role by submitting a 'My Working Day' profile
- Being a guest speaker
- Providing opportunities for work shadowing up to 2 weeks or equivalent
- Offering placements or internships, from 2 weeks to one year
- Opening up your workplace to on-site student visits
- Energise the curriculum by sharing real-life case studies
- Helping Liverpool John Moores University develop and review our degrees to ensure they reflect the current needs of industry
- Participating in one-off events throughout the year, including recruitment fairs and employability events
Our Employer Engagement Team understands that the needs of every organisation are unique, they provide bespoke answers to enquiries. The Team will do the hard work for you in connecting you to the right partners inside the University and help develop the most productive relationship between your company and the University.
Ways your organisation can work with students
- Lectures – your organisation can send a guest speaker and energise the curriculum by sharing real-life case studies
- Mock interviews – your organisation can provide interviewers to support mock interviews
- World of Advisory Group – you can nominate someone to attend the quarterly meetings to help inform and develop the World of Work Programme
- Student placements – your organisation can advertise your placements on our vacancy website through the Employer Engagement Team. You can also agree to take a Liverpool John Moores University funded intern for four weeks (January and summer intakes)
- Advertise your vacancies – see the information about posting your job opportunities
Interested? If you’d like to find out more about the opportunities outlined above, please contact us.
Attend our monthly lunches
Every month organisations come in to meet our team and find out how they can get involved with Liverpool John Moores University.
To find out more or to book your place, please contact us.
Enterprise Rent-a-Car and Aldi welcome our students on placement every year
More graduates are recruited into the Barclays world class technological programme from LJMU than any other university
We are helping Stobarts to develop a graduate development programme