Scientific programme for the ECBB
Symposium submission is now closed. We are pleased to announce the following plenary speakers and symposia.
Please click the titles for plenary talk abstracts.
Dr Andrew King (Swansea University)
Prof Michael Mendl (University Of Bristol)
Dr Amanda Seed (University of St Andrews)
Prof Barbara Taborsky (University of Bern)
Prof Judy Stamps (University of California)
1. Social instability: Direct fitness consequences and underlying physiological mechanisms. L. A. Ebensperger, L. D. Hayes
2. Acoustic signatures in animal vocalisations. L. Favaro, M. Gamba, M. Scheumann
3. Individual identity signalling in animals: Biology of individual distinctiveness and its applications. P. Linhart, T. Petrusková
4. Cooperative interactions in fishes. J.G. Frommen and S. Fischer
5. Emerging techniques in the study of behavioural plasticity. V. Marasco, M. Larriva, K. A. Spencer
6. Animal Personality: providing new insights into behaviour? V. Wilson, D. Altschul
7. The role of hormones in mediating behavioural phenotypic plasticity to anthropogenic change. W. Goymann, K. Spencer
8. The trade-offs of honest signals. D.J. Penn, S. Számadó
Presentations should not be longer than 15 minutes. There will be three minutes for questions and two minutes for changing rooms. The ACC have computers with Office 365 with the most up-to-date version of PowerPoint. The slide format should be set to ‘standard (4:3)’. Videos should be in MP4 format.
Posters should be produced in portrait format with the dimensions of an A0 sheet with 841mm width and 1189 mm height. Posters will be attached with Velcro (provided by us).
Please note that submissions will only be considered after the registration fee has been paid. All presentations at ECBB meetings must conform to ASAB/ABS’s Guidelines for the Treatment of Animals In Research.
Setting up your poster
Please check your the details of your poster in the Poster Number List and note your number. When you register/arrive at the ACC on Friday morning you will be directed to an area with numbered poster boards. Please attach your poster to the board in the numbered space using the velcro provided, either during Friday registration or during the first coffee break.