Come and join the celebrations and witness the joy of years of achievements by our wonderful students and their families.
We are looking for volunteers to help make Graduation a day to remember. There is a wide choice of roles for any member of staff join in the celebrations. Full training and guidance are given on the day.
Our past, current, and future students are at the heart of the university, and we all play a part in their experiences. So, please come and help them celebrate their achievements. You will also enjoy the Graduation experience yourself!
Student Usher – you will be working directly with our nervous and excited students. You will be reassuring them and making sure they are seated at the right times. You will also guide them to stand and wait in the order they need to go on stage.
Guest Usher – you will work in the main body of the Cathedral, helping to direct parents and guests, and answer any of their questions. This is a fabulous opportunity to engage with the families.
Procession – you will support the students wearing your academic gown and process through the centre of the Cathedral to the delight of everyone. You will sit on the stage or the front of the congregation throughout the ceremony. Don’t forget to smile for the cameras.
Usher and Banner Bearer – this is the opportunity to work with the students and their guests. And then to carry one of the University banners in the procession, with a big smile. It is a very important job, and the banner is not as heavy as you think.
First Aid and Fire Wardens – these are very important roles, but you will not be on your own. We will give a full briefing of fire evacuation on the day…comfy shoes are a definite need!
Graduation is a tremendous university event and takes a lot of effort. We deeply appreciate your help and support to give our students the graduation they deserve.
All staff must register if they wish to attend, even if you have your own gown.
If your School is split across more than one ceremony, please click on the relevant link below to see the breakdown of ceremonies by programme code:
School of Nursing and Allied Health
School of Education
School of Business and Management
Ceremonies - Monday 4 July to Friday 8 July
Staff gowning opens: Monday 14 February
Staff gowning closes: Friday 17 June
Download the graduation schedule for Monday 4 July to Friday 8 July
Ceremonies - Monday 11 July to Friday 15 July
Staff gowning opens: Monday 28 March
Staff gowning closes: Friday 24 June
Download the graduation schedule for Monday 11 July to Friday 15 July
LJMU will supply all academic robes. You must complete your registration by the date shown in the table below. After these deadline dates, your department will have to organise and pay for private hire of your gown.
New staff members
If you are a new staff member or have any technical issues/problems logging into the Enet site, please contact Enetsupport@edeandravenscroft.com.
You will register directly with Ede and Ravenscroft.
Please follow the instructions below to register and order your gown.
Further details are sent to you in the week prior to Graduation.
You will collect your gown on the day from the Sir Giles Gilbert Scott Suite at Liverpool Cathedral.
Follow these steps to register your attendance and order your gown:
- Log in to the registration system
- Select the LJMU logo
- Enter your LJMU e-mail address. Your password was set up as password1, if you updated it please use the last personal password. You can change it once you have logged in. If you have any difficulty please email Enetsupport@edeandravenscroft.com
- Click on 'My attendance and hire' (top left-hand corner)
- Edit 'Personal details', ensure details are correct. Do not uncheck the 'receive emails' box as this will prevent you from receiving a confirmation email and further details. Click 'Update'. Please make sure that the information is still relevant, and all fields are completed. Your department information is particularly important and will need to be updated and relevant to the current LJMU organisational structure
- Edit 'Gown summary' please check details are correct or add/amend the requested information. Click 'Update'
- You should now be able to select the ceremonies you wish to attend by time and date. Click 'Submit'
- Log out (top right hand of screen)
- You should receive an auto email to confirm your booking
- If you need to change your attendance or any of your details you can do this at any time before the gown hire deadlines shown above by logging into the Ede and Ravenscroft website.
If you are receiving an award at one of the ceremonies, please select staff graduate on the Academic Status dropdown list.