Your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
The Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) provides a single comprehensive record of your academic and other achievements whilst in Higher Education. The HEAR document is not intended to replace your formal degree certificate or your CV but will complement these providing details about your additional achievements at LJMU. Your HEAR will be a useful reference document for job/further study applications.
What information does my HEAR comprise?
The HEAR comprises a number of sections, each containing specific information:
- A summary of your award, with class/grade and conferral date
- Personal information
- Qualification details: award title, class/grade, subject, awarding institution (LJMU) and conferral date
- Information about the level of your qualification: (Doctoral, Masters, Bachelor, Diploma, Certificate), programme duration
- How you studied: full-time, part-time sandwich study, total required credit, educational aims, marks for modules contributing to the award
- Information on the function of your qualification: this indicates the next stage of study in the Framework for HE Qualifications (please note that section 5.2 does not contain any data)
- Additional information such as: Verified Graduate Skills, World of Work Skills certificates and/or Academic Excellence Awards
- Certification of the HEAR by the awarding institution (LJMU)
- Information about the national Higher Education system and explanation that HE credit systems in use in England, Wales and Northern Ireland are compatible with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) for accumulation and transfer within the European Higher Education Area, and are used to recognise learning gained by students in institutions elsewhere in Europe.
How do I access my HEAR?
HEAR is available to LJMU graduates who studied at the University with an award conferral date between November 2011 and October 2017.
For awards conferred from November 2011 to October 2012
If your award was conferred between November 2011 and October 2012:
- visit the University's online shop, select ‘Award Confirmations’ and follow the instructions
- find information about HEAR section 8 here.
For awards conferred from November 2012 to October 2017
If your award was conferred on or after November 2012 access your HEAR via the Digital Academic Record Exchange (DARE) Service.
Register to use DARE. To register you will need:
- your student ID number
- your date of birth
- e-mail address (current address, not your LJMU account)
- a security question.
A user account and temporary password will be sent to you that allows you to access DARE.
DARE allows you to view your HEAR and share your HEAR with another party:
- select ‘view my documents’ to see your HEAR
- select ‘sharing’ to provide access to your HEAR to another party
Your HEAR is digitally signed, which provides secure and tamper-proof access to your information.
For awards conferred from November 2017 to October 2018
Your HEAR will be available from November 2018, accessible via the DARE Service as indicated above.
For awards conferred from November 2018 to present
Your HEAR is not yet available. Once it is available this website will be updated accordingly.
I need help
Help is always available. Please email email@example.com for assistance.