Medical Cannabis Research Project
Welcome to MedCanProject UK. This project focuses on the lived experiences of people prescribed cannabis in the UK. Our research has found that patients experience significant harms through current cannabis prescribing policy, both through stigma around the drug, and the fact that the NHS rarely prescribes, which creates health inequalities. Our work involves publicising these stories to raise awareness and reduce stigma.
Dr Lindsey Metcalf McGrath: email@example.com
Dr Helen Beckett Wilson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact us about the project.
To learn more about our work and hear the latest news from the project, please find us on our social media channels:
@MedCanProject on Twitter/X, Instagram and YouTube.
The following tell you more about the experiences of patients who are prescribed cannabis:
- Cannabis: Prescription Pot Luck (documentary about the difficulties of accessing a prescription in the UK)
- Disclosure: Can Cannabis Save My Child? (documentary about the journey of two parents who fought for cannabis to help their seriously ill children)
- Insights from doctors prescribing medical cannabis (interviews from Medical Cannabis Awareness Week)
- Patient perspectives on cannabis prescribing (interviews from Medical Cannabis Awareness Week)
- Journey of the first UK patient to be prescribed cannabis
- Chronic Pain: How to live with it (journey of three people living with chronic pain conditions)