Putting people first
We work with you to determine your needs and find solutions to real-world problems.
From investigating human diseases, including diagnostic and treatment strategies; new methods of drug delivery; to working with police forces to provide new forensic analytical methods and techniques; the School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences has a wide range of expertise and areas of interest.
- Biomedical science: seeks to understand aspects of cellular function in health and disease using multidisciplinary approaches
- Formulation and drug delivery: collaborative research into the design and formulation of better drug delivery systems
- Medicinal chemistry and natural products: looking into the prevention and cure of human diseases by investigating the synthesis, analysis and reactivity of organic molecules
- Clinical pharmacy and therapeutics: research into the use of medicines and the delivery of healthcare
- Chemical, pharmaceutical and forensic analysis: development of techniques for the analysis of chemicals and bioactive substances for pharmaceutical and forensic applications
- Chemoinformatics: investigating the relationships between biological activity and physical chemistry
We are incredibly proud of the partnership between Liverpool John Moores University, the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust and LloydsPharmacy. We see this first research project as a starting point in a long future of creating academic partnerships that will drive excellence in healthcare.