Telephone: 0151 231 2627
Telephone: 0151 231 2567
This is by no means an exhaustive or representative list but gives an indication of what is available. If there are key resources you would like to add please email email@example.com with your suggestion.
Other Universities’ Decolonising the Curriculum Work:
- Bath University
- Birmingham University
- De Montfort University
- Keele University
- University of Kent
- Sheffield University
- University of Liverpool
Understanding Decolonal Praxis and University Environment:
- Mignolo, W. D., & Walsh, C. E. (2018). On decoloniality: Concepts, analytics, praxis. Duke University Press.
- Thomas, D., & Jivraj, S. (2020). Towards decolonising the university: A kaleidoscope for empowered action.
- Charles, Elizabeth. 2019. Decolonizing the Curriculum. Insights 32 (1): 24. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1629/uksg.475
- Mignolo, W. (2012). Local Histories/global Designs: Coloniality, Subaltern Knowledges, and Border Thinking. Princeton University
Example Further Resources:
- A self-evaluation framework for embedding diversity and inclusion in the curriculum, Advance HE.
- A Learning and Teaching Toolkit for Programme and Module Convenors, SOAS.
- Decolonising the ‘STEM’ curriculum seminar series, Open University - downloadable presentation by Jenny Douglas.
- Decolonisation of the Curriculum - A conversation, Advance HE.
- An Inclusive Curriculum Toolkit, Manchester Metropolitan University.
- A Decolonising the curriculum toolkit with resources for different courses, University of Westminster.
The LJMU Decolonising The Curriculum Working Group has created a Canvas module called 'Decolonising the curriculum resources' for LJMU Staff. It contains selected generic introductory resources and details of activities in Schools across the university to facilitate individual reflective practice, promote the exchange of ideas and provide a supportive network.