Sustainable Resource Processing and Reuse
The Sustainable Resource Processing and Reuse theme is investigating advanced technologies and solutions to address current sustainability goals, climate change and reduction of carbon footprint for example anaerobic digestion, biodiesel production from waste streams, water and wastewater purification and resource capture.
The group is specialising in:
- Theoretical simulation of bespoke systems.
- Design and development of bespoke reactors for tailored applications.
- Industrial scale prototyping.
- Design of unique atmospheric plasma torches.
- In-line Microwave Sensor applications.
- Microwave processing and pre-processing of materials for manufacturing.
- Energy from waste (gasification, pyrolysis and torrefaction).
- Process Enhancement i.e., microwave enhanced electrocoagulation for water purification.