International Business Management and Strategy (IBMS)
What we do at IBMS
The IBMS Research Group brings together academics at Liverpool Business School with an interest in international business, management and strategy. The Group collaborates and shares research interests contributing to both academic and business communities at national and international levels. We aim to provide progressive knowledge and skills in our fields of study to academics, and local and global managers.
- Management of multinational enterprises
- The effects of firm internationalisation host and source countries
- Modes and processes of internationalisation
- Knowledge transfer in multinationals
- Global leadership
- Development policy and management
- Business in emerging economies
- Migration studies
- Management theory and practice
- Public sector management
- Information systems
- Business analytics
- Supply chain management and procurement
- Banking and finance
- Strategy process and practice
- Corporate governance
- Strategic alliances
- Mergers and acquisitions
- CSR and sustainability
- Strategic HRM
- Organisational ambidexterity
Our research approaches include:
- Quantitative analysis
- Qualitative case studies
- Econometrics and statistical analysis
- Discourse analysis and ethnography
- Data mining
- Text mining
- Social network analysis
- Machine learning
Loading staff profiles…
Khalid AbbasRead more
Dr Cynthia AkweiRead more
Dr Nunzia Di Cristo BertaliRead more
Dr Ahmed EltweriRead more
Dr Scott FosterRead more
Dr Katie HyslopRead more
Dr Muhammad NawazRead more
Dr Nobert OsemekeRead more
Dr Fragkoulis PapagiannisRead more
Dr Vanesa Pesque-CelaRead more
Dr Sameer QaiyumRead more
Dr Nedal SawanRead more
Dr Azar ShahgholianRead more
Dr Elena TesoRead more
Dr Rocio Valdivielso Del RealRead more
Dr Kostas ZervasRead more
Dr Fan ZhangRead more
Bscher Dominik - "An Investigation Into The Pharmaceutical Market Co Enhance Profitability - The Case Of The German Pharmaceutical Market"
HajerAlremeithi - "Psychological contract and commitment"
Matar Al Mansoori - "Applied Systems for Operational Research in Business Development"
Gautam Rajkhowa - "Internationalisation of Higher Education: A case study examination into the meaning, implementation and evaluation of Internationalisation at a UK university"
Nouf Almofadi - "Investigating the Experience of Lecturers in Using Mobile Technology in Teaching English at Saudi Universities"
Amine Ozbaltan - "Equity Valuation Model based on Discounted Cash Flow Theory and the Determination of the Limitations in Emerging Countries"
Eman Abouabidalla - "Investigating talent management programs at Abu Dhabi Government in light of the 2021 UAE vision"
Duc Dinh - "An exploratory study into sustainable business models: A strategic approach towards an integration of sustainability into Vietnamese companies"
Mohammed Almansoori - "The Management of Change in Public Sector Organisations: The case of the Ministry of Interior (MOI)"
Bukola Fatokun - "Consumers' affective responses towards the key factors influencing E-commerce adoption in Nigeria: An Extended Technology Acceptance Approach"
Mohamed Alblooshi - "Exploring the influence of Management Style on Job Satisfaction: The Case of Construction Companies in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates"
Tanbeen Mahtab - "Does presence of Corporate Governance practices affect Trust and Decision Making Behaviours of institutional Investors in Bangladesh?"
Current research projects:
- Promoting Good Governance and Mitigating Corruption in Public Projects through Stakeholders Engagement (GCRF funded, 2019)
- Job creation through public procurement in Nigeria, (GCRF funded, 2018)
- Factors discouraging the use of social media in public sector procurement in the UK
- An Exploration of Market Perspectives on the Governance and Regulation of Islamic Financial System
- Dream Fulfilment: The experience of Third Country Migration amongst Pakistani/ Bangladeshi community in the UK
- Shifting mind-sets towards a more ethical consciousness – Nigeria
- Developing Resilience in SMEs: a study of UK, Spain and Italian SMEs
- The curvilinear relationship between Board of Director’s social network and financial performance. Multidisciplinary research: corporate governance; social network theory, organisational behaviour
- Investigating maturity level of Big Data tools and techniques for the organisations
- Internationalisation of SMEs in a rural setting
- Organisational change failure: Framing the process of failing
- Business Intelligence Implementation: An evaluation of its impact on the quality of decision-making
The research group is led by Dr. Cynthia Akwei.
Please contact Dr. Cynthia Akwei if you have enquiries related to:
- Doctoral applications in the area of International Business, Management and Strategy
- Research collaborations, organisation based research, consultancy projects and any other related activities