Teaching and learning
Studying for your PhD at MEMARC
PhD students are central to MEMARC's research community.
If you are interested in any of the below research areas, or if you have closely related interests, please contact Professor James Ren firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Dingli Yu email@example.com to discuss PhD research opportunities. You can also contact us using the prospective student enquiry form.
MEMARC has five core research areas:
• Fracture and contact mechanics
• Wave propagation in lattices and microstructures
• Thermal fatigue and thermal striping
• Materials development and processing
• Dynamics and control systems
"The submitted outputs were judged to span a range of quality levels, with the majority considered to be internationally excellent and a significant proportion judged to be recognised internationally. The sub-panel noted a relative strength in 'Mechanical Engineering and Materials'. "