The next Directed Study Week will be running from 4 - 8 March 2019
What is Directed Study Week?
Three days of workshops and webinars that will help you study more effectively and get better results. During Directed Study Week we offer sessions on essay writing, critical analysis and thinking, referencing skills, and may other topics that will help you succeed at LJMU.
You get to choose the workshops, webinars or events you want to attend, based on your own needs and interests.
- Activities are taking place on every campus
- Choice of times and venues
- All activities are free
- Expert, confidential advice
- Advance booking not always necessary; you can just drop-in to many sessions
Here’s the serious bit
If you are studying on a programme that is offered over a conventional academic year (late September to May), Directed Study Week gives you an opportunity to step away from your core studies and further develop the skills that underpin every academic programme to ensure you can achieve the best results possible.
If you are on a programme that sits outside the conventional academic year, you can still attend the workshops and classes, but remember alternative arrangements have also been put in place by your programme teams, so please see what they have planned.
Download the programme booklet
Please contact us if you would like this document in an alternate format, e.g. large print
Talk to your academic team to find out what they have planned for Directed Study Week.
Get updates on social media
Keep an eye out for updates about Directed Study Week on LJMU Twitter accounts using #LJMUDSW.
Find out how to:
- Learn to write with critical analysis
- Develop your essay writing skills
- Improve your research skills
- Enhance your referencing skills
- Get better IT skills
- Design questionnaires
- Develop literature reviews
- Solve difficult maths and stats problems
- Plan your dissertation