The next Directed Study Week will be running from 5 - 9 November 2018
What is Directed Study Week?
Five days of workshops and webinars that will help you study more effectively and get better results. During Directed Study Week we offer sessions on essay writing, critical analysis and thinking, referencing skills, and may other topics that will help you succeed at LJMU.
You get to choose the workshops, webinars or events you want to attend, based on your own needs and interests.
- Activities are taking place on every campus
- Choice of times and venues
- All activities are free
- Expert, confidential advice
- Advance booking not always necessary; you can just drop-in to many sessions
Here’s the serious bit
If you are studying on a programme that is offered over a conventional academic year (late September to May), Directed Study Week gives you an opportunity to step away from your core studies and further develop the skills that underpin every academic programme to ensure you can achieve the best results possible.
If you are on a programme that sits outside the conventional academic year, you can still attend the workshops and classes, but remember alternative arrangements have also been put in place by your programme teams, so please see what they have planned.
Talk to your academic team to find out what they have planned for Directed Study Week.
Get updates on social media
Keep an eye out for updates about Directed Study Week on LJMU Twitter accounts using #LJMUDSW.
Find out how to:
- get better marks in your assignments
- impress your tutors by developing insightful academic arguments
- avoid plagiarism and paraphrasing
- solve those difficult maths and stats problems
- write a killer CV and succeed in job interviews
- stop getting stressed about university life
- get a wealth check and manage your money better