Can you claim benefits as a student?
Please be aware that there are residency rules attached to eligibility for benefits.
The majority of full-time students are not eligible for benefits while they are studying.
Exceptions apply to:
- lone parents with a dependent child/children. The age of your children can affect which benefits you are eligible for
- students with disabilities or health conditions
- students who are pensioners
- student couples with at least one dependent child
- students who have suspended their studies due to ill health or caring responsibilities
If you need advice about which benefits to claim or what counts as income then please contact us.