Previous study

Have you studied in higher education before?

If you've been to university before, the funding available to you may be reduced.

Students are entitled to tuition fee loans and maintenance support for the length of their course, plus one additional year.

In addition to this extra year of funding, you can apply for further years if you have withdrawn from your most recent course, or are repeating a year of your current course because of 'compelling personal reasons'. This is normally for reasons such as illness, or a personal or family crisis.

If you have studied at university before (regardless of where in the world this was) you are strongly advised to get advice before you start another course as you may not be funded for the duration of the new course. Please get in touch with a student advisor for more information.