Infant and child nutrition
This module aims to equip practitioners with knowledge around infant feeding and pre-school nutrition and how to support parents/carers in making changes to their family’s dietary behaviours.
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Describe infant feeding options and their impact on health
- Discuss the introduction of complementary foods and their impact on healthy eating
- Explain the importance of nutrition for pre-school aged children
- Discuss nutrition recommendations for pre-school children
- Support families to develop healthy eating behaviours