Roles, responsibilities and referrals
This module consists of the following sections:
- Who is involved in promoting healthy weight in pre-school children?
- Raising the issue of child weight in different situations
- Managing pre-school weight issues – what is your role and when to refer?
This module aims to equip professionals with key knowledge of their own and other professional’s roles in the prevention and management of pre-school weight, and when and where to refer a child of unhealthy weight.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Explain some of the professional roles involved in promoting healthy weight in pre-school children
- Identify strategies for raising the issue of child weight in different situations
- Identify the most appropriate support for pre-school children with weight issues, and your role within this