Before you go

What you need to know before you start your journey

Going abroad is exciting in every sense of the word. If you’ve never been away before and you’re feeling a little apprehensive, not to worry – we provide all the information you need to help prepare you for your experience.

Speak to your International Mobility Coordinator (IMC) or the Study Abroad Team to check if your host institution has any further application requirements.

Faq Items

How do I complete my Learning Agreement?

Visa and passport requirements

How do I find accommodation?

Will I need insurance?

Do I need to speak another language?

How to share your experiences

The Study Abroad Team hosts compulsory pre-departure sessions which all participants must attend.

These sessions will take place in April. Please check back soon for details.

Contact us


Visit us in the Student Life building Mon-Fri 10am - 4pm (term time only)

Twitter: @LJMUGlobalOpps | Instagram: @LJMUGlobalOpps