Summer University 2021
Our Summer Universities have always been a fantastic way to find out what life at university is like.
This year there are two summer schools, Pre 16 – Yr 9/10: 23-25 June and our Post 16, Yr 12 (or Yr 13 in Northern Ireland), which will run on virtual platforms. Summer University will offer pupils the opportunity to hear from current students, experience lectures and seminars and find out what studying in Liverpool is like. Both Summer Universities will be a mix of live and on-demand content to ensure participation throughout the day. Participation in LJMU’s Summer University gives students the opportunity to receive a reduced offer of up to two grades (16 UCAS points) if they subsequently apply for a course at LJMU.
Pre 16 (Yr 9/10 Summer University
Learn about university, careers, exciting new subjects and have some fun. Meet LJMU students to hear all about student life and their journey from GCSE to University.
- Learn about post GCSE options, and what qualifications you need to study at university
- Discover how university is different to school, and the life long benefits of going to university
- Watch a typical lecture - you choose what interests you
- Take a careers quiz and find out more from our Careers professional
- Find out how you pay for university, and what kind of financial support is available
When do sessions take place: Across the school day, from Wednesday, 23 June, finishing lunchtime on Friday, 25 June
Who can attend: Teachers select a Year 9 bubble and/or Year 10 bubble
How many students can participate: 30 per school
Student criteria: Students must have the ability to achieve a minimum Grade 4, in 5 GCSE subjects including Maths and English, plus meet one of the following criteria:
Post 16 (Yr 12/NI Yr 13) Summer University
During Summer University students will:
- Complete a mix of live and on-demand lectures and seminars
- Complete a custom built careers quiz
- Complete interactive tasks arranged by our tutors
- Speak to current LJMU students about their experiences
Students who fully complete our Post 16 (Yr 12/NI Yr 13) Summer University may be eligible for a reduced offer if they apply to LJMU for 2022 entry.
When do sessions take place: A mix of live sessions throughout the day and on demand content enables students to complete all sessions at times that suits them.
Who can attend: Students studying in Yr 12 (NI Yr 13) and completing Level 3 qualifications
Student criteria: Students must have the ability to progress to HE, plus meet one of the following criteria: