LJMU Summer University 2023
Apply now for your place on our residential Summer University, and experience university life for yourself for free from 5 July and 7 July.
Applications will close on 12 May.
Highlights from previous years
About the Summer University
The LJMU Summer University Residential will give you the opportunity to discover what being a university student is all about, and to delve into a subject area of your choice. Don’t worry if you are not sure whether university is for you - summer schools provide the perfect opportunity to help you decide.
Join us for 3 days and we will give you the opportunity to experience the academic and social side of university life. You will learn in an academic environment and work with students from other schools and colleges through a timetable of lectures, practical activities, and a variety of fun evening social activities.
You will get to meet our enthusiastic team of Student Ambassadors studying the courses you are aspiring to, as well as academic staff, and graduates. These residentials are free and open to Year 12 England/Wales or Year 13 Northern Ireland students interested in studying the following degree courses at University:
- Animal Behaviour
- Climate Change
- Computer Games Development,
- Computer Science
- Computer Security
- Environmental Science
- Wildlife Conservation
Why take part?
- Experience student life and live in student accommodation at the university
- Engage in interactive subject content designed by university academic staff
- Explore LJMU and take part in lots of social activities every day
- Get plenty of information, advice, and guidance about applying for university and your future career
- Hear all about university from current students and graduates
- Enjoy social events and meet fellow students whilst discovering the amazing city of Liverpool
- Enhance your study skills, and have the chance to become more prepared for your journey to University
The cost of the summer school is absolutely free. Accommodation, meals and some travel will be funded.
Where will I be staying?
You will be staying in the student accommodation below free of charge. Everyone is allocated their own ensuite room, and there are accessible rooms available where this is required.
Priority will be given to students who meet the following criteria:
- Black, Asian, or minority ethnic student
- First in the family to go to university
- From low-income background
- Awarded free school meals
- Disability: seen or unseen
- Experience in local authority care or has a caring responsibility
Applications will be closed as soon as we reach the number of students required.
Participants in our Summer University programme may be eligible for a reduced offer of up to 16 UCAS Points lower than the standard entry requirements when applying to LJMU
Apply now to avoid disappointment.
To get in touch email the Outreach team
Or call us on 0151 231 5090
Tweet us at LJMU Outreach